Friday 2 August 2013

Awesome!!! Woman with world's largest afro enters Guiness Book of Records (Photos)


Aevis Dugas' four-and-a-half-foot afro which has taken her 14 years to grow, takes 2 days to wash and 5 bottles of conditioner to get it to shape has entered the Guiness Book of Records...and she says her hair is inspiring lots of women to go natural. It should!


She said: 'I don't know why but there's something very important to me about little girls appreciating my hair and then wanting to wear their hair the same.
'I tell them there is nothing that I did special, there is no magical formula, we are born with our hair like this.'

Aevin was originally inspired by a picture of her mum Deborah Dugas wearing an afro in the sixties - and she remains one of her biggest fans today.
Mrs Dugas, 62, who runs a care home, said: 'I'm humbled by the fact she did this because she liked my natural hair, way before she was born.


                 

I hope this inspires our Brazilian-hair-crazy ladies here in Naija. I love her already. Isn't she lovely?  **winks**

No comments:

Post a Comment